Asana projects from one workspace to another.
Back to start
Before you start, you may need to set up a few things that the tool can't do on its own though the API.
- Add your new user account (for your destination workspace) to your old workspace, if not already using the same email
- Log in to Asana with your new account
- Add any user accounts you want to keep task assignments for to the new workspace
- Add any custom fields you want to keep to the new workspace (pro workspaces)
- Log in to the tool
- Choose the source workspace and project you’d like to copy
- Choose where you’d like to copy to
- Hit Go!
30th June 2017: Added support for board-style projects.
20th August 2017: Added support for custom fields. Made possible by generous support from
10th May 2018: Added simple usage instructions - thank you to everyone who's suggested this, it should have been
there from the start!
Source code for this tool can be found at
The implementation of the copy operation is based on
No data is stored on the server - the API key is not retained between calls. No permanent cookies are stored, and your login
token is only stored in a temporary cookie which is cleared when you close your browser.
This tool does not delete any data, and will not modifiy any existing projects (a new copy is made each time)
No warranty is made however - use at your own risk